InfoAge+ is an exciting app featuring four creative challenges that will help you get more from your visit to the Science Museum’s Information Age gallery.
Information Age features over 800 objects from our world-class collections, many of which have never been on public display. The gallery reveals personal stories about how our lives have been transformed by innovations in communication over the last two centuries.
InfoAge+ enhances the museum experience for 11- to 14-year-olds by setting them fun tasks to do in the gallery:
- Top tech: choose an object, create a card and use it to do battle with objects from the gallery.
- After dark: what would happen if the objects came to life after closing time? Imagine conversations between the objects by filling in the blanks in a comic strip.
- Newsflash: you need to find a news story in the gallery that will please your demanding editor and then create a video report about it.
- My timeline: put yourself into a 200-year-plus timeline of incredible stories and add your own objects.
All four activities produce a video or picture which will be saved to the camera-roll of your phone or tablet. These can all be viewed again at home or in the classroom.
- Make links between the objects and science in their everyday lives.
- Develop discussion and communication skills.
- Develop observation skills.