Follow your curiosity and work together to complete challenges while discovering objects in the galleries of the Science Museum, London.
From helping people see in the dark to broadcasting sound and video across continents, scientists and engineers have used light and sound to change the way we live and communicate with each other.
This is a printable activity that can be played in galleries throughout the Science Museum, London.
How to Play
Players can work individually or in teams to find objects that relate to things they already know and use every day.
Great Object Hunts are designed to get players talking and thinking more deeply about scientific themes, like light and sound, by giving them a safe space to be curious. There are no wrong answers or ‘stupid’ questions.
- Information Age
- Engineer Your Future
- Making the Modern World
- Mathematics: The Winton Gallery
- The Secret Life of the Home
- Make links between museum objects, curriculum science and everyday life.
- Recognise the relevance and applications of science in our everyday lives.
- Use observation, curiosity and communication skills.
SMG Great Object Hunt – Light and Sound (PDF Document)